â€‹This visa allows someone outside Australia whose only near relatives are living in Australia to live in Australia as a permanent resident.
You might be eligible for this visa if:
- you make your application outside Australia
- your (and your partner’s) only near relatives are settled in Australia and are all Australian citizens, Australian permanent residents or eligible New Zealand citizens
- one of your near relatives or their partner is prepared to be your sponsor.
The Remaining Râ€‹elative visa (subclass 115) is a permanent visa for people who want to live in Australia to be with their only near relatives.
Your application must be made outside Australia and you must be outside Australia when the visa is granted.
What this visa lets you do
This is a permanent visa. It allows you and your family to:
- stay in Australia indefinitely as an Australian permanent resident
- apply for Australian citizenship (if you are eligible)
- travel to and from Australia as a permanent resident for five years from the date the visa is granted - after that time you will need to apply for another visa if you want to return to Australia.
See information, including eligibility for government services and benefits, Australian permanent residence information.
You will not be able to sponsor any other relatives for a Remaining Relative visa.